4-H Fashion Revue is a Youth-in-Action project. How a person presents herself/himself through clothing, grooming, facial expressions and body movement is a form of communication. Have you ever thought about what your clothes say about YOU? Clothing and grooming say a great deal about you without a word being spoken. You are “on view” no matter where you go and you send messages about yourself without speaking. This is called non-verbal communication.
GOALS and OBJECTIVES
The goal of Fashion Revue is to develop an understanding of personal presentation in public situations with regard to clothing, accessories and grooming.
- To plan, select and construct clothing that is becoming and expressive of individual personality.
- To gain poise in public situations through good posture, ease of movement and confidence in one’s personal appearance.
- To be able to describe how a garment is cared for.
- To be able to describe how a garment fits into a wardrobe plan.
- To understand how fabrics, clothing styles and accessories enhance one’s own physical features or traits.
Read more in the Fashion-Revue-Guide.