Static projects are a large part of Achievement Days and require specific labeling. Each static exhibit must be labeled with a Display Exhibits Entry Form.
Photography Exhibit Labels are required for the Photography project.
Clothing projects require specific forms depending on the type of project and the age division of the 4-H member. These forms include:
- 4-H Constructed Accessory Using Fabric
- Constructed Clothing Entry Form All Ages
- 4-H Recycled Garment(s)
- Selected Outfit Form – Beginners
- Selected Outfit Form – Juniors
- Selected Outfit Entry Form –Seniors
Food and Nutrition Project
Some helpful tips for completing food and nutrition projects include:
- Altitude is a consideration with all water bath and pressure canned projects. The easiest way to determine your altitude is to google “Altitude in Your City, SD.” This is required information on the exhibit tag.
- A USDA approved recipe is a requirement when making salsa. Because of the combination of low-acid foods and high-acid foods, an approved recipe will have the ratio of ingredients figured out for a safe product. For approved recipes, use one of the following publications:
- All other food preservation publications can be located on www.igrow.org under Healthy Families – Food Safety -Safety and Preservation.
- The colored canning jars are pretty but are not allowed for 4-H exhibits. It is very hard for a judge to evaluate the product through colored glass.
- Guidelines For Judging Food Preservation
Specific forms required for food and nutrition projects include:
- Food Preservation Entry form
- Food Preservation-Dried Fruits-Herbs-Vegetables Entry form
- 4h Recipe adaptation worksheet
Other Project Areas
Exhibit forms and guides for other project areas include:
- Forestry Plant Label
- Quilt project Exhibit Form
- Videography Entry Form
- First Aid Guide
- Growing Vegetables Guide
- Preparing horticultural exhibits
- Judging South Dakota Rangelands for Livestock and Wildlife Values
- Range Management Beginner Plant List
- Computers and Technology Entry Form